* Re: Ada95 & CORBA
       [not found] <01bcd070$a4fa1a60$2613c6cf@hooligan1>
@ 1997-10-04  0:00 ` Dave Wood
From: Dave Wood @ 1997-10-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You might check into the following products:

ORBAda by TopGraphX
ORBExpress by OIS

Both products claim to be fully CORBA-2 compliant ORBs
with extremely similar feature profiles, and both with
the great benefit of being written in Ada 95.

Both are new products and so may not yet work with
all available compilers.

-- Dave Wood
-- Product Manager, ObjectAda for Windows
-- Aonix

Ed Hourigan wrote:

> Can anyone point me to info on Ada95 and CORBA.  More specifically, what
> CORBA vendors support
> Ada95?
>
> Recently I was "forced" to switch from Ada to C++ because our  customer
> wanted CORBA.
> Its a nightmare.  You cannot do large scale software with C++.  It just
> doesn't support it as
> well as Ada does.
>
> --

* Re: Ada95 & CORBA
@ 1997-10-06  0:00   ` Jon S Anthony
From: Jon S Anthony @ 1997-10-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <343728A1.A7EA7660@sd.aonix.com> Dave Wood <dpw@sd.aonix.com> writes:

> You might check into the following products:
>
> ORBAda by TopGraphX
> ORBExpress by OIS

It's worth noting that ORBExpress is also IONA's product offering for
Ada.  It originally used the IONA C++ core, but the new Ada core is
much more capable (especially vis-a-vis tasking) and robust.

/Jon

--
Jon Anthony
STL, Belmont, MA 02178, 617.484.3383