From: jsa@alexandria.organon.com (Jon S Anthony)
Subject: Re: Overlaying of methods.
Date: 1997/10/01
Date: 1997-10-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <34325DCC.167E@htl-bw.ch> Stefan Muehlebach <ia94mueh@htl-bw.ch> writes:

> > Off the top of my head, the call looks like it should give a compile
> > time ambiguous overload resolution error.  If this isn't true, could
> > Robert, Bob or Tucker explain why it is OK?
> >
> > /Jon
> > --
> > Jon Anthony
> > STL, Belmont, MA 02178, 617.484.3383
> > "Nightmares - Ha!  The way my life's been going lately,
> >  Who'd notice?"  -- Londo Mollari
>
> I have to add some more infos about my problem.
> I use the GNAT-Compiler 3.09 and the program can be compiled WITHOUT any
> error or warning messages.

I tried an example and can confirm that GNAT 3.09 on sparc.solaris
does behave as the poster says with this sort of example.  Looks like
a bug in GNAT.  Maybe it is fixed in 3.10??

> It is impossible to use the Init procedure declared for XaCradioBox even
> if I use the fully qualified call like this:
>
>   Main_Pack.RowColumn_Pack.RadioBox_Pack.Init(...);

That's because there are _two_ such Init's in this package: the
implicitly declared inherited op and the explicit one.  Read 3.4
(17&18) closely.

> It's funny that the problem can be solved by removing the 'adjust_last'
> parameter from the first specification.

That's completely expected, as that would remove the second
interpretation for Init...

/Jon