From: jsa@alexandria (Jon S Anthony)
Subject: Re: Ada Success Story II
Date: 1997/03/05
Date: 1997-03-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <97030510245774@psavax.pwfl.com> "Marin David Condic, 561.796.8997, M/S 731-93" <condicma@PWFL.COM> writes:

>     never designed with the intent of utilizing the nozzle. Ultimately
>     - if the nozzles do what you'd like - you'd be able to remove all
>     the control surfaces off the back of the airplane.

Speaking as an acro pilot, this sounds mighty scary!  Would this sort
of thing really offer the sort of control capability to get you out of
spins and such?  Hmmm, OTOH, spinning a jet is pretty much going to
kill it anyway, so maybe this is simply irrlevant...

>     I'm afraid that I don't know anything about the "F15X" (some
>     experiment being done by McDonnel Douglas?) at the moment.
>     Anything you can tell me about it so I could find out who to ask?
>     There might be some interesting control work being done there.

Well, I don't know much about it either.  I can't recall where I heard
about it - Aviation Leak or some related rag.  Supposedly, the idea
_is_ to retro fit some thrust vectoring version onto some version of
some set of F15 airframes.  How's that for hedging? ;-) It may be
these were going to be "new" airframes where the design will have been
twiddled in some ways to be more accommodating.  But really - I don't
know.

/Jon

--
Jon Anthony