From: jsa@alexandria.organon.com (Jon S Anthony)
Subject: Re: Use of DBC as "executable SRS": scaling problems
Date: 1997/08/12
Date: 1997-08-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <33EFD297.3663@flash.net> Ken Garlington <kennieg@flash.net> writes:

> An assertion at the top of a hierarchy is not necessarily what I had
> in mind as "high-level." Compare and contrast:
>
>   1. Horizontal_Bias <= Maximum_Bias (low level)
>
>   2. The system shall operate in the flight envelope shown in Figure 1.
>      (high level, difficult to write as a simple line of code, but
>      the real issue at the system level).

Bingo.  That's kinda sorta it in a nutshell.  Except that it is not
just "difficult", it is basically _impossible_.  Why it is that some
of the "fanatics" here, can't seem to understand this is pretty much
incomprehensible (and given the particular context, outright scary).

/Jon
--
Jon Anthony
OMI, Belmont, MA 02178, 617.484.3383