* question on pragmas with GNAT
@ 1996-05-21  0:00 Mindy Matusewicz
From: Mindy Matusewicz @ 1996-05-21  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On the Greenhills Ada compiler I have been using there is a
pragma runtime_names that informs Ada that the following data is
really defined by another language.  This allows me to write to
the same data from either ada or c.

Is this possible using the gnat compiler.

Thank you for your help.

Mindy Matusewicz
Mindy_Matusewicz@norden.com

* Re: question on pragmas with GNAT
@ 1996-05-22  0:00 ` Jon S Anthony
From: Jon S Anthony @ 1996-05-22  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <31A1DD63.7A35@norden.com> Mindy Matusewicz <mindy_matusewicz@norden.com> writes:

> On the Greenhills Ada compiler I have been using there is a
> pragma runtime_names that informs Ada that the following data is
> really defined by another language.  This allows me to write to
> the same data from either ada or c.

This stuff is defined as part of Ada95.  See the import, export and
convention pragmas as defined in Annex B.  In addition see the packages
Interfaces and Interfaces.C.  This will do all your asking and a whole
lot more.

> Is this possible using the gnat compiler.

Yes, Gnat fully implements this stuff.

/Jon

--
Jon Anthony