From: jsa@organon.com (Jon S Anthony)
Subject: Re: "C" is better than Ada because of access to separate subprograms
Date: 1996/07/15
Date: 1996-07-15T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <9607121229.AA03818@most> "W. Wesley Groleau (Wes)" <wwgrol@PSESERV3.FW.HAC.COM> writes:

> Let's tie up a couple of loose threads and get on to other tasking:
>
> > ... Jon declared that real programs have no nesting anyway, and ...
> > [so] all this business about closures is irrelevant nonsense
>
> 1. Real programs are written by real programmers    [self-evident]
> 2. Real programmers program in C                    [ Quitt 1996 ]
> 3. C does not allow nesting
> 4. Therefore real programs have no nesting and Jon is vindicated.

:-) :-)

But, I did NOT say that closures are irrelevant nonsense.  ROBERT DEWAR
put these words in my mouth.  They are so utterly _STUPID_ that I hope
no one actually believes I really said such RUBBISH.

What I said (and STILL CLAIM) is that all this rubbish about _implementing_
closures with displays AS THE REASON for not accepting them was AND IS
irrelevant RUBBISH.

/Jon
--
Jon Anthony