* Re: www.ada-ware.com
@ 2004-01-19  4:20 ` Mark Lorenzen
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Mark Lorenzen @ 2004-01-19  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Does anyone know who's responsible for this site?

[snip]

The whois database report the registrant as:

Registrant:
   John Gotts

   Registered through: GoDaddy.com
   Domain Name: ADA-WARE.COM

   Domain servers in listed order:
      WSC1.JOMAX.NET
      WSC2.JOMAX.NET

   For complete domain details go to:
   http://whois.godaddy.com
<<<

- Mark Lorenzen

* www.ada-ware.com
@ 2004-01-21 19:42 Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2004-01-21 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know who's responsible for this site?

It doesn't have any contact address, and it is providing a download button
for some software. At the bottom, there is an blurb about Ada, including
links to various Ada sites (including adaic.org).

Various people are downloading the software, having problems, and then
writing to the first e-mail address they see -- which is
webmaster@adaic.com. I don't much like ignoring them (we don't want Ada to
have *that* reputation), but even replying with a form letter is getting to
be very annoying.

Whoever owns the site needs to put a contact address/help information for
the software on the page. The software's home page has enough information to
help these people, but they don't have an obvious way to get to it.

I tried the usual mailboxes, but they all bounced. (They probably were
getting too many queries like the ones I'm now getting...this started
recently.)

             Randy Brukardt
             Webmaster, adaic.org/.com

* Re: www.ada-ware.com
@ 2004-01-21 20:19 ` Wilhelm Spickermann
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Wilhelm Spickermann @ 2004-01-21 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

According to http://www.domainbank.net the administrative and
technical contact is: Gotts, John john@inboxcop.com

* Re: www.ada-ware.com
@ 2004-01-21 22:51 ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2004-01-21 22:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Randy Brukardt, comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org

Here's the whois record:

Registrant:
   John Gotts
   844 5th Street
   Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034
   United States

   Registered through: GoDaddy.com
   Domain Name: ADA-WARE.COM
      Created on: 01-Sep-03
      Expires on: 01-Sep-04
      Last Updated on: 01-Sep-03

   Administrative Contact:
      Gotts, John  john@inboxcop.com
      HWY 55
      McCall, Idaho 83638
      United States
      (208) 634-7260
   Technical Contact:
      Gotts, John  john@inboxcop.com
      HWY 55
      McCall, Idaho 83638
      United States
      (208) 634-7260

   Domain servers in listed order:
      WSC1.JOMAX.NET
      WSC2.JOMAX.NET

> Does anyone know who's responsible for this site?
>
> It doesn't have any contact address, and it is providing a download button
> for some software. At the bottom, there is an blurb about Ada, including
> links to various Ada sites (including adaic.org).
>
> Various people are downloading the software, having problems, and then
> writing to the first e-mail address they see -- which is
> webmaster@adaic.com. I don't much like ignoring them (we don't want Ada to
> have *that* reputation), but even replying with a form letter is getting
> be very annoying.
>
> Whoever owns the site needs to put a contact address/help information for
> the software on the page. The software's home page has enough information
> help these people, but they don't have an obvious way to get to it.
>
> I tried the usual mailboxes, but they all bounced. (They probably were
> getting too many queries like the ones I'm now getting...this started
> recently.)
>
>              Randy Brukardt
>              Webmaster, adaic.org/.com

* Re: www.ada-ware.com
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-01-22  8:01 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2004-01-22  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know, but the download is linked to: http://www.inboxcop.com/

I think I would talk to the www.inboxcop.com people.

--
"Saving keystrokes is the job of the text editor, not the programming
 language."

* Re: www.ada-ware.com
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2004-01-23 13:36 ` Dr Steve Sangwine
From: Dr Steve Sangwine @ 2004-01-23 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

<randy@rrsoftware.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know who's responsible for this site?

Whoever he is, he can't spell 'language':

Ada-Ware

     THE langauge for real-time control systems

Very strange site too. Does anyone think it might be
knocking copy (=a site designed to damage the reputation
of Ada)?

Steve Sangwine

* Re: www.ada-ware.com
@ 2004-01-23 13:53   ` Stephane Richard