From: Darel Cullen <Darel@djcull.demon.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Reading data from the serial port using ADA on an Unix platform
Date: 1996/08/20
Date: 1996-08-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <Pine.OSF.3.95.960820092821.10850A-100000@leonis.nus.sg>,
Quek Chee Kwang <engp6328@leonis.nus.sg> writes
>Greetings.
>
>I'm new to ADA and I would like to know how to program in ADA to read data
>(binary & ascii) coming from the serial port (for instance, a modem) on an
>Unix platform.
>
>Thank you very much.
>
>Quek

Firstly Investigate your compilers pragma INTERFACE features. what you
will need to do is build up a set of ADA functions and procedures that
are directly bound to the C calls, in unix's case I think ioctl() would
be a good place to start.
basically , ADA has no features with which to read from a serial port,
you'll have to use the C calls and bind them to ADA.

--
Darel Cullen