From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: Ada OOP syntax
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 20:26:17 GMT
Date: 2008-06-17T20:26:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Novell owning the "copyright" does not mean they own UNIX. Just like
GNU owning the "copyright" to GNAT does not mean they own GNAT Ada.

Actually the company I am talking about owns at least of 5%, purchased
back in 1994/5 and anyone that owns even one party can say they own
it. It just that Novell owns by a Judges decision the controlling interest.
But the purchase limits some of there rights on both sides.

And the name "UNIX" is own by someone else. Even Novell admit that.

Besides the owners of the "Copyright" there is:

"Intellectual Property" of UNIX which a list of companies such as the
old AT&T labs, SUN, SGI, IBM, NOVELL, etc own a part. And the company
that I call the "current owners", has some "Intellectual Property" in UNIX
as well.

Then there are the "Patents" and that's a larger group of companies which
include the list of "Intellectual Property" and including companies like
Microsoft with its additions to XENIX, Exxon who owns Zilog and their
version on UNIX. etc.

And there are others topic as well that can calm ownership to some or
all of of any routine or language. Including the group that wrote the
language use in creating the software.

So dude, the best way is not to argue about it.