* ADA Network
@ 2002-01-22 14:47 H.Ebrahimi
From: H.Ebrahimi @ 2002-01-22 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I want to write a client with ADA, that cans connect to a linux server
and use UDP/IP, can you help me? and what OS can I use for this
porpose?
Thanks,yours
H.Ebrahimi

* Re: ADA Network
@ 2002-01-22 15:05 ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2002-01-22 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <ce4feafe.0201220647.6905553d@posting.google.com>, heshamebrahimi@hotmail.com (H.Ebrahimi) writes:
> Hi,
> I want to write a client with ADA, that cans connect to a linux server
> and use UDP/IP, can you help me? and what OS can I use for this
> porpose?

Just about any operating system with UDP/IP support can connect to
a Linux server, and that includes Linux.  Most people start on such
a project with some further constraints in mind, such as what operating
system is appropriate to the job and what hardware can handle the load.
I don't think you have given us enough information to be much help.
The term "Linux server" does not say much about how much load must
be handled by the machine running Ada, since Linux can run on small
Intel boxes and on giant IBM mainframes, and a lot of stuff in between.

So tell us more, but realize that our favorite programming language
is capitalized "Ada".  There are contexts in which it actually might
be confused with the American Dental Association, the Americans for
Democratic Action, the Americans with Disabilities Act, etc., and
proper capitcalization helps sort it out.

Also be prepared for everybody to tell you their own favorite operating
system for use with Ada.  Think of it as proof that you have a lot of
choices.  Mine is VMS :-)

* Re: ADA Network
@ 2002-01-22 16:33   ` Larry Kilgallen
From: Larry Kilgallen @ 2002-01-22 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <1SAlhgngEQKS@eisner.encompasserve.org>, Kilgallen@SpamCop.net (Larry Kilgallen) writes:

> So tell us more, but realize that our favorite programming language
> is capitalized "Ada".  There are contexts in which it actually might
> be confused with the American Dental Association, the Americans for
> Democratic Action, the Americans with Disabilities Act, etc., and
> proper capitcalization helps sort it out.

So would proper spelling of capitalization :-)

* Re: ADA Network
@ 2002-01-23  5:34   ` H.Ebrahimi
From: H.Ebrahimi @ 2002-01-23  5:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want it to connect to a robocup simulation server ( do you know
it?), I have wrote it with c++ , but I like Ada and want to use it.
For more information about robocup simulation server you can use
www.robocup.org .
Can use Windows and write my program?

* Re: ADA Network
@ 2002-01-23  9:14     ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2002-01-23  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

"H.Ebrahimi" wrote:

> I want it to connect to a robocup simulation server ( do you know

What exactly do you mean with "connect"? UDP - normally - works
connectionless.

> it?), I have wrote it with c++ , but I like Ada and want to use it.
> For more information about robocup simulation server you can use
> www.robocup.org .
> Can use Windows and write my program?

Sure, I did a lot of IP stuff on Windows.

* Re: ADA Network
@ 2002-01-23 15:43       ` H.Ebrahimi
From: H.Ebrahimi @ 2002-01-23 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Do you have source code for this?

* Re: ADA Network
@ 2002-01-24 11:58         ` Alfred Hilscher
From: Alfred Hilscher @ 2002-01-24 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

"H.Ebrahimi" wrote:

> Do you have source code for this?

I send you some code via email. If you have more, specific questions
feel free to ask.

* ada+network
@ 2004-02-17  0:47 Kuba Malczak
From: Kuba Malczak @ 2004-02-17  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi i'am new to ada, could you tell me
if in ada can i write network oriented
programms, if yes could you give me
any links to resources connected with it

* Re: ada+network
@ 2004-02-17  1:51 ` tmoran
From: tmoran @ 2004-02-17  1:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Hi i'am new to ada, could you tell me
>if in ada can i write network oriented
>programms, if yes could you give me
>any links to resources connected with it

  Take a look at www.adaword.com   Ada Projects   Ada Internet Projects
for a variety of things.
Also www.adapower.com/reuse/clawweb.html  for a very simple web server.
You might want to use the search at www.adaic.com if you have some
specific needs.

* Re: ada+network
@ 2004-02-17  2:05   ` Ed Falis
From: Ed Falis @ 2004-02-17  2:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:51:16 GMT, <tmoran@acm.org> wrote:

>   Take a look at www.adaword.com   Ada Projects   Ada Internet Projects
> for a variety of things.

Quicky typo correction: Tom meant www.adaworld.com

- Ed

* Re: ada+network
@ 2004-02-17  3:41     ` Kuba Malczak
From: Kuba Malczak @ 2004-02-17  3:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 02:05:38 +0000, Ed Falis wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:51:16 GMT, <tmoran@acm.org> wrote:
>
>>   Take a look at www.adaword.com   Ada Projects   Ada Internet Projects
>> for a variety of things.
>
> Quicky typo correction: Tom meant www.adaworld.com

thanks a lot

* Re: ada+network
@ 2004-02-17  7:35 ` Preben Randhol
From: Preben Randhol @ 2004-02-17  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2004-02-17, Kuba Malczak <wipe@op.pl> wrote:
> Hi i'am new to ada, could you tell me
> if in ada can i write network oriented
> programms, if yes could you give me
> any links to resources connected with it

Sure. Look at:

   http://www.rfc1149.net/devel/adasockets

   (sockets. GNAT also has socket library so you can see which you like
   best)

   http://libre.act-europe.fr/aws/

   (AWS is a complete framework to develop Web based applications.)

--
"Saving keystrokes is the job of the text editor, not the programming
 language."

* Re: ada+network
@ 2004-02-17 16:45 ` Pascal Obry
From: Pascal Obry @ 2004-02-17 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kuba Malczak <wipe@op.pl> writes:

> Hi i'am new to ada, could you tell me
> if in ada can i write network oriented
> programms, if yes could you give me
> any links to resources connected with it

Of course :)

There is even a complete Web development framework named AWS.

See my homepage or http://libre.act-europe.fr/ for documentation
and download.

Pascal.

--|