* Re: Null range in a single-member enumaration. How to?
       [not found] <JO3G8.1472$EZ5.227090@news.xtra.co.nz>
@ 2002-05-20 13:30 ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 2002-05-20 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

"AG" <a_n_g@x_t_r_a.c_o.n_z> wrote in message
news:JO3G8.1472$EZ5.227090@news.xtra.co.nz...
<snip>
> type x is (a);  -- (a, b);
>
> type y is array (x'last..x'first) of boolean;  -- Works fine for (a, b); but
not (a);

Why not just

type y is array ( x ) of boolean;

???

---
Patrick Rogers                       Consulting and Training in:
http://www.classwide.com          Real-Time/OO Languages
progers@classwide.com               Hard Deadline Schedulability Analysis
(281)648-3165                                 Software Fault Tolerance

* Re: Null range in a single-member enumaration. How to?
@ 2002-05-20 13:40   ` David C. Hoos
From: David C. Hoos @ 2002-05-20 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > type y is array (x'last..x'first) of boolean;  -- Works fine for (a, b);
but
> not (a);
>
> Why not just
>
> type y is array ( x ) of boolean;
The question was how to declare an _empty_ array, when the index
type has only one value.

@ 2002-05-20 14:00 ` Frank J. Lhota
From: Frank J. Lhota @ 2002-05-20 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Was there an elegant solution ever found?

No, there never was. OTOH, the issue only seems to come up in hypothetical
situations.

* Re: Null range in a single-member enumaration. How to?
@ 2002-05-20 14:00     ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 2002-05-20 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2002-05-20 14:03     ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 2002-05-20 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

"David C. Hoos" <david.c.hoos.sr@ada95.com> wrote in message
<snip>
> The question was how to declare an _empty_ array, when the index
> type has only one value.

Ah.  Thanks -- I missed the order of the attributes he used.