From: Stapler <spam.magnet@yahoo.com>
Subject: Finalization and Declare blocks.
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 08:51:52 GMT
Date: 2002-12-21T08:51:52+00:00	[thread overview]

I'm currently a little fuzzy on how Ada compilers handle allocation and
de-allocation.

If I declare an Abstract Data Type(a limited record for example) in the
private part of a package, with a generic Item as one of it's elements,
and then I "with" that package in another package, can I instantiate the
data type without using "new" and also assume that the the Data Type will
be automatically de-allocated at the end of the declare block?

Or, within the declaration part of the declare block, could I derive the
Abstract Data Type from Ada.Finalization.Controlled and assume the
same?(That it will be automatically de-allocated at the end of the
declare block.)

I've been getting mixed messages, so I'm assuming it depends on who's
compiler I'm using.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Stapler