* Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.
@ 1995-03-03 15:29 CONDIC
From: CONDIC @ 1995-03-03 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

From: Marin David Condic, 407.796.8997, M/S 731-93
Subject: Mil-Packaged, Rad-Hard processors with Ada compilers.
Original_To:  PROFS%"SMTP@PWAGPDB"
Original_cc:  CONDIC

C.L.A.:

Hypothetically speaking, I might be looking for a Military
packaged, Rad-Hardened microprocessor which has a validated (and
avionics quality) Ada compiler available for it. I might also,
hypothetically speaking, of course, prefer it to be almost
anything else but a Mil-Std-1750a microprocessor. If there's
someone out there who has experience with something similar to
this and might have some advice, I'd be hypothetically
appreciative to hear about their experiences.

Please spare me anything in the M680x0 family since Motorola told
us recently "BOHICA! We aren't going to make Mil packaged stuff
no more!"

In dreamland, I'd like it to be a DEC Alpha processor with an
Ada95 compiler, but I know of no plans to target Alphas to
embedded, Mil-packaged, Rad-Hard applications and I also know of
no plans to target Ada95 to bare Alpha machines. Oh Well. Let's
wake up, have a cup of coffee, and look at what's available
today.

Thanks for the help.

Pax,
Marin

Marin David Condic, Senior Computer Engineer    ATT:        407.796.8997
M/S 731-93                                      Technet:    796.8997
Pratt & Whitney, GESP                           Internet:   CONDICMA@PWFL.COM
P.O. Box 109600                                 Internet:   MDCONDIC@AOL.COM
West Palm Beach, FL 33410-9600
    Please send responses to one of the addresses in this trailer.
    A "reply" to the address in the message header will bounce.
    "The Sexual Revolution is over and the microbes won."

        --  P. J. O'Rourke