From: Jeff Creem <jcreem@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Debugger for GNAT
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:07:59 -0500
Date: 2005-11-18T09:07:59-05:00	[thread overview]

markp wrote:
> We are currently using the GPS debugger for our GNAT Ada applications.
> We feel it is not a very robust debugger, although that could be our
> limited experience with it. For example, we would to be able to break
> on any exceptions and view the offending line in the debugger and trace
> to the source. Also, we would like to be able to set breakpoints in

This should work.

enter break exception in the command window.

Perhaps I am not understanding the question/concern because this is
pretty clear in the GNAT/gdb documentation.

> tasks while the program is running without stopping everything, i.e.
> stopping a single task.

Not sure about this one. All GNAT debuggers I know of are based on gdb
so I think the question (in terms that make sense to gdb people) to look
into is it possible to set a breakpoint in a single thread under gdb
such that when one thread stops at a breakpoint, other threads still
continue.

The answer may end up depending on the OS..

> Are there any other debuggers out the to debug our GNAT Ada?
>
> Thank you.

I have used ddd quite a bit. Most gdb GUI front ends will work.
Sometimes to use them with Ada you have to get used to a few quirks or
worse yet read the documentation :)