From: Ted Dennison<dennison@telepath.com>
Subject: Re: for a beginner...
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 14:28:55 GMT
Date: 2001-07-06T14:28:55+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <3B4515F8.3076B3A6@engineer.com>, B. Douglas Hilton says...

>( And I'm sure as sh!t not going to buy "Visual Studio" when
>I already have gnat / gtkAda working! )

Well, that is one way to get the legal right to use the Win32 bindings. They
were translated from Microsoft's .h files, so you have to have those .h files
legitimately in order to legally use Gnat's Win32 bindings.

The following is exerpted from the footer of Win32.ads:

-- and the use of this file.  This file may be used only by licensees of
-- Microsoft Corporation's WIN32 Software Development Kit in accordance with
-- the terms of the licensee's End-User License Agreement for Microsoft
-- Software for the WIN32 Development Kit.
--
-- Copyright (c) Intermetrics, Inc. 1995
-- Portions (c) 1985-1994 Microsoft Corporation with permission.

I solved the problem by purchasing a student version of VC++6 that came with NT
(back when I was still a student). Its fairly cheap that way, and that gave me a
legal OS for the new machine I'd just built too.

---