* UDP ADD_MEMBERSHIP gets error 19, no such device in Linux
@ 2018-12-10 14:29 Petter Fryklund
From: Petter Fryklund @ 2018-12-10 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I suspect that ADD_MEMBERSHIP to 239.192.0.16, 0 doesn't know which interface to use, brief googling couldn't help.

Any licensed multicasters out there?

Regards,
Petter

* Re: UDP ADD_MEMBERSHIP gets error 19, no such device in Linux
@ 2018-12-12  6:19 ` Petter Fryklund
From: Petter Fryklund @ 2018-12-12  6:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Den måndag 10 december 2018 kl. 15:29:36 UTC+1 skrev Petter Fryklund:
> Hi all,
>
> I suspect that ADD_MEMBERSHIP to 239.192.0.16, 0 doesn't know which interface to use, brief googling couldn't help.
>
> Any licensed multicasters out there?
>
> Regards,
> Petter

By binding the server side socket to the ip named as interface on add_membership I at least didn't get any errors, but still no traffic. I'm still hoping for some advice.

@ 2018-12-12  8:34   ` Chris M Moore
From: Chris M Moore @ 2018-12-12  8:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12/12/2018 06:19, Petter Fryklund wrote:
> Den måndag 10 december 2018 kl. 15:29:36 UTC+1 skrev Petter Fryklund:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I suspect that ADD_MEMBERSHIP to 239.192.0.16, 0 doesn't know which interface to use, brief googling couldn't help.
>>
>> Any licensed multicasters out there?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Petter
>
> By binding the server side socket to the ip named as interface on add_membership I at least didn't get any errors, but still no traffic. I'm still hoping for some advice.
>
> Regards,
> Petter

Probably a router issue.  I have to disable UDP Packet Storm setting on
routers at work.  And enable Multicast Groups?

Chris

--
sig pending (since 1995)

* Re: UDP ADD_MEMBERSHIP gets error 19, no such device in Linux
@ 2018-12-14  9:38     ` Petter Fryklund
From: Petter Fryklund @ 2018-12-14  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

The problem is solved by binding to any inet address but naming the desired receiving ip as interface on add_membership in our case.

Regards,
Petter