* Automated code inspection tools
@ 1993-09-24 20:38 Gus Perez
From: Gus Perez @ 1993-09-24 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harris Space Systems Corp. has put together a process team to determine
whether/how Commercial-off-the-shelf automated code inspection tools can
improve the productivity and quality of their ADA code developement.  We need
to identify and evaluate candidate tools, and perform cost/benenfit
analyses.

We have evaluated one such tool called AdaMat.  We liked what this tool
had to offer, yet we need some other candidates to compare AdaMat with.

We would appreciate any information on additional tools that anyone may be
aware of.  If possible, we would like the name of the tool, the name of the
maker, and a point of contact at the maker's location (email or phone).

Thanks very much,

       H A R R I S   S P A C E   S Y S T E M S   C O R P.

  Gus Perez-Poveda           gperez%core1@kssib.ksc.nasa.gov
  Software Engineer          (407) 633-3818 or 3800

* Re: Automated code inspection tools
@ 1993-09-27 19:52 Harry Rockefeller
From: Harry Rockefeller @ 1993-09-27 19:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

In <1993Sep24.203830.27107@dale.ksc.nasa.gov> Gus Perez-Poveda asks:

>         Commercial-off-the-shelf automated code inspection tools available
>         primarily for improving the productivity and quality of our ADA
>         code developement.

We have used ADADL, a portion of the AISLE Family of Ada Design Tools
produced by Software Systems Design, 3627 Padua Avenue, Claremont, CA
91711 (Tel: (714) 625-6147), for this purpose.  Thomas Radi developed
most of the software I believe.

* Re: Automated code inspection tools
@ 1993-09-28 13:11 agate!spool.mu.edu!darwin.sura.net!osceola.cs.ucf.edu!longwood!crutchfi
From: agate!spool.mu.edu!darwin.sura.net!osceola.cs.ucf.edu!longwood!crutchfi @ 1993-09-28 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

:
: >         Commercial-off-the-shelf automated code inspection tools available
: >         primarily for improving the productivity and quality of our ADA
: >         code developement.

Science Applications International Corporation has a tool called AdaReVu that
allows users to have standards (guidelines) for evaluating Ada source code
built to suit the needs of the user. Currently they have 54 standards from
SPC's Ada Software Quality and Style Guidelines. You can get additional info
from crutchfr@orlada.saic.com or ruedam@orlada.saic.com or send request by
mail to:
          3045 Technology Parkway
          Orlando, Florida 32826-6700