From: David Holm <david@realityrift.com>
Subject: Re: New Ada binding to OpenGL
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2003 23:56:22 GMT
Date: 2003-01-03T23:56:22+00:00	[thread overview]

Joachim Schr�er wrote:

> Hello,
>
> to pass null simply write something like
> Gl.Glclipplane(Plane => 1, Equation => null);
>
> But why do you want to pass null access values.
>
> I expect some kind of error in the C code then.
>
> I will have a look for books were Ada/C coding is documented.
>
> I thing, the Ada95 rationale is a good reference. I will give you links
> later.
>
>     J. Schr�er

Yeah, you were correct. I got errors in the C code.
The thing is that for instance, glXCreateContext takes a C NULL pointer when
you want to create a new context that is not a subcontext to an existing
one.
I have not yet managed to find a solution to how to handle this in Ada as I
get a segfault in libGL when I do it (which is odd since I have a C
application that passes a C-NULL here without any problems). In this case I
had an overloaded function which took System.Address, so I never passed a
null through an access variable.

I found the rationale on www.adahome.org, so no need to send a link.

//David Holm