From: "Jeffrey R. Carter" <spam.jrcarter.not@nospam.acm.org>
Subject: Re: conditionnal compilation
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 21:51:34 GMT
Date: 2009-05-13T21:51:34+00:00	[thread overview]

guerrier.cachalot@gmail.com wrote:
> Now that I know Ada has not built'in support for conditional
> compilation such a full-featured preprocessor, I would like know what
> should I use instead ?

Conditional compilation and preprocessing was deliberately left out of Ada,
because it leads to unreadable code. But if you want to create unreadable code,
you can always use your favorite preprocessor.

Conditional compilation is usually used to deal with target variations. The Ada
approach to this is to hide the target-specific things in a package body, and
provide different bodies for different targets.

--
Jeff Carter
"We'll make Rock Ridge think it's a chicken