From: "Dale Pennington" <Dale.K.Pennington@boeing.com>
Subject: GNATing ada files with the wrong extensions.
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:00:39 GMT
Date: 2001-08-22T19:00:39+00:00	[thread overview]

This is for you GNAT gurus out there.

I have a set of files using the extension scheme of a different Ada compiler
(*.1.ada, *.2.ada), but I desire to build them with GNAT (In fact the folks
who delivered them to us make their final build with GNAT, just not for the
platform we are using). Now to get GNAT to work I can see 2 alternatives :

1) run all the source code through GNATCHOP (or just a big rename script) to
get the GNAT naming convention.

2) create a gnat.adc file and fill it with a zillion Source_File_Name
pragma's.

For reference I am using 3.13p at this time, and have read the docs. I was
kinda hoping that there was acutally a method to tell GNAT to treat .1.ada
as the same as .ads and .2.ada as the same as .adb.

Am I missing something obvious, or are 1 and 2 my only options (and if so,
has anyone generated a godd script to perform #2) ?

Thanks,

Dale Pennington