From: nickerson@pundit.ds.boeing.com ()
Subject: Re: GNAT 3.14 NEW FEATURES LIST Current as of May 30th, 2001
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:53:06 GMT
Date: 2001-06-29T22:53:06+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <mailman.993818155.1312.comp.lang.ada@ada.eu.org>,
Soeren.Henssel-Rasmussen@nokia.com writes:

|>http://www.act-europe.fr/texts/news/product_updates/newfeatures_set.htm

speaking of 3.14 maybe now is another good time to look for rumors
of the 3.14p - public release; however in spite of the future 3.14p
release and whenever that release might be I have to mention that
binaries for various platforms never appeared at
ftp://cs.nyu.edu/pub/gnat/
for the 3.13p release; below is some of the release history:

arch    OS                      3.10p   3.11p   3.12p   3.13p   3.14p

alpha   DECunix (osf1)          Y       Y       Y
alpha   OpenVMS                         Y       Y
hppa    HPux                    Y       Y       Y
mips    Irix                    Y       Y
ppc     AIX                     Y       Y       Y
ppc     Mac /MachTen            Y       Y       Y
sparc   SunOS                   Y
sparc   Solaris                 Y       Y       Y       Y
x86     WinNT                   Y       Y       Y       Y
x86     Solaris                         Y       Y
x86     linux                   Y       Y       Y       Y
x86     OS/2                    Y               Y

what have folks been doing about 3.13p on those other platforms?
is this what the future holds for such platforms? note that in the
past you needed the prior version running before you could compile
the source of the current version - has that changed? or should we
all be trying mightily to get a 3.13p built and running so that
we might then build a forthcoming 3.14p?

--bn (Bart Nickerson)
nickerson@pundit.ds.boeing.com
(206) 662-0183