From: Shark8 <OneWingedShark@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Interesting AWS error.
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 08:26:29 -0700
Date: 2014-12-10T08:26:29-07:00	[thread overview]

On 10-Dec-14 01:43, Dmitry A. Kazakov wrote:
> Consider this scenario, you get an exception somewhere. That winds the
> stack up. This causes some controlled object to finalize in some block. If
> the exception is bad, the finalization fails [*] and a second exception is
> propagated. Upon leaving Finalize that exception is converted to a third
> exception, the Program_Error one. This could repeat itself many times, so
> what you get could have nothing to do with the original issue at all.

Is this problem (finalize exception propagation) due to the language,
making it difficult/impossible to get right? Or is it due to the
architecture of the compiler? Or is it due to the compiler's
code-generation? {Or a combination of all the above?}

> It likely is an induced error, the original one is swallowed. You should
> use GNAT exception tracing in order to track the original problem down,
> which could be an induced one as well.

I'll see if I can get exception-tracing to work; given that the error
w/o it points to "declare" I'm not overly confident the results will be
sensible, but we shall see.