* Re: Programming Language Research Engine
       [not found]   ` <1164403677.340158.171000@14g2000cws.googlegroups.com>
@ 2006-11-27  9:05     ` Stuart
From: Stuart @ 2006-11-27  9:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Cross posted to comp.lang.ada, follow-ups to comp.programming]

"Christopher Diggins" <cdiggins@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I've created a new search engine at http://www.cdiggins.com/search/ for
>
> doing research on programming languages using the new Google co-op
> service. It has an emphasis on programming language theory, but also
> searches the home pages of over 50 programming languages as well as
> many online textbooks, and citeseer.
>
> Let me know how it works for you, and if you have suggestions on how
> the search results can be tweaked to work better for you.

Then...

> Ada,http://www.adahome.com/

Noooo!

This site is no longer maintained (check the Ada newsgroup comp.lang.ada).

A more useful source appears to be:
    http://www.adapower.com/

there are others.

Regards
--
Stuart

* Re: Programming Language Research Engine
@ 2006-11-28 21:42       ` Randy Brukardt
From: Randy Brukardt @ 2006-11-28 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Stuart" <stuart@0.0> wrote in message
> "Christopher Diggins" <cdiggins@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > Ada,http://www.adahome.com/
>
> Noooo!
>
> This site is no longer maintained (check the Ada newsgroup comp.lang.ada).
>
> A more useful source appears to be:
>     http://www.adapower.com/
>
> there are others.

Ada Power appears to be rarely maintained these days. The most stable Ada
web site is www.adaic.org, which has been maintained by the AJPO and more
recently the Ada Resource Association (ARA - an Ada trade organization)
since the late 1990's. Most of the others are run by volunteers and tend to
eventually fall out of maintenance. The AdaIC site links to all of the
others, and also provides the home base for the Ada Standard itself, along
with Ada compiler conformity assessment.

                Randy Brukardt, Technical Webmaster, adaic.org/.com