* Safety Critical Software
@ 2000-05-12  0:00 Neil Davidson
From: Neil Davidson @ 2000-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can anyone give me a reference to where I can find a copy of the Ravenscar
profile for Ada95 for safety critical systems ?

Thanks

Neil Davidson

* Re: Safety Critical Software
@ 2000-05-12  0:00 ` Martin Dowie
From: Martin Dowie @ 2000-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

you could try the aonix web site (www.aonix.com) their RAVEN suite supports it
and provides links to some white papers.

@ 2000-05-12  0:00 ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 2000-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Neil Davidson" <neil.davidson@gecm.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone give me a reference to where I can find a copy of the
Ravenscar
> profile for Ada95 for safety critical systems ?

The Aonix website has a copy of a whitepaper describing it (at their
Raven product page), or you can get the official document:

"ISO/IEC 15942 (2000-03)

Information technology -- Programming languages -- Guide for the use
of the Ada programming language in high integrity systems"

from

http://www.iec.ch/

for about 55 US dollars.

--
Pat Rogers                            Consulting and Training in:
http://www.classwide.com      Deadline Schedulability Analysis

* Re: Safety Critical Software
@ 2000-05-12  0:00   ` r_c_chapman
From: r_c_chapman @ 2000-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <fMRS4.206$za3.119450@nnrp3.sbc.net>,
  "Pat Rogers" <progers@NOclasswideSPAM.com> wrote:

> "ISO/IEC 15942 (2000-03)

The ISO TR from the HRG does mention the Ravenscar Profile briefly in
section 5.13 (I've a copy right in front of me now...) and it's
well-worth reading the whole thing.

Descriptions of Ravenscar have also appeared in various locations,
including:

Session Summary: Tasking Profiles.  T. Baker and T. Vardanega.
Proceedings of the 8th International Real-Time Ada Workshop.  ACM Ada
Letters, September 1997.

The Ravenscar Tasking Profile for High-Integrity Real-Time Programs.  A.
Burns, B. Dobbing, G. Romanski.  Proceedings of Ada Europe 1998
Conference. Springer Verlag, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol.
1411, pp. 263 - 275.

in addition to the white papers available on Aonix's web-site.

 - Rod Chapman
   SPARK Development Team,
   Praxis Critical Systems
   rod@praxis-cs.co.uk

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Safety Critical Software
@ 2000-05-12  0:00     ` Pat Rogers
From: Pat Rogers @ 2000-05-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

<r_c_chapman@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> In article <fMRS4.206$za3.119450@nnrp3.sbc.net>,
>   "Pat Rogers" <progers@NOclasswideSPAM.com> wrote:
>
> > "ISO/IEC 15942 (2000-03)
>
> The ISO TR from the HRG does mention the Ravenscar Profile briefly
in
> section 5.13 (I've a copy right in front of me now...) and it's
> well-worth reading the whole thing.

Sorry, that was poorly worded on  my part.  I meant that the original
poster should also get the "official" document on the subject of
safety-critical systems development with Ada, not just Ravenscar.