* XML components?
@ 2000-03-28  0:00 Bill Watkins
From: Bill Watkins @ 2000-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is anyone aware of any publicy available Ada components supporting XML?

Thanks,

--
Bill Watkins
Applications Architect

* Re: XML components?
@ 2000-03-28  0:00 ` Vincent Marciante
From: Vincent Marciante @ 2000-03-28  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I think Ted Dennison's OpenToken stuff on AdaPower has an XML parser.

* Re: XML components?
@ 2000-03-29  0:00   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-03-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <38E18379.7249@li.net>,
Vincent Marciante <marciant@li.net> wrote:
> I think Ted Dennison's OpenToken stuff on AdaPower has an XML parser.

It has a (simple) html lexer. I'm no XML expert, but I'd think they are
similar enough that someone could create an XML lexer moderately easily.
If they did so and submitted it, I'd be happy to put it in the next
release.

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: XML components?
@ 2000-03-29  0:00 ` Vladimir Olensky
From: Vladimir Olensky @ 2000-03-29  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Bill Watkins wrote in message ...
>Is anyone aware of any publicy available Ada components supporting XML?

GtkAda (at GtkAda.eu.org )  has package to parse XML files.

Component name is Glib.XML.(ads,adb).

GtkAda GUI (Glade) represents user interface as an XML file.
Then this XML file is used to generate Ada code representing
this user interface for any of the supported platforms.

I think further logical step would be to add ability to fill that file with
needed functionality (e.g. using JavaScript ) so that it would be
possible to interact with the core system using HTTP thus eliminating
the need to generate any Ada (or C, C++ ) code at all.

* Re: XML components?
@ 2000-03-31  0:00 ` Bill Watkins
From: Bill Watkins @ 2000-03-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks everyone for the ideas -- I'm actually looking for something closer
to the services that Microsoft's MSMXL component provides, i.e.,  more data
oriented than GUI oriented.

* Re: XML components?
@ 2000-03-31  0:00   ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2000-03-31  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can find an example of using the MSXML component on AdaPower.

David Botton

Bill Watkins wrote in message ...
>Thanks everyone for the ideas -- I'm actually looking for something closer
>to the services that Microsoft's MSMXL component provides, i.e.,  more data
>oriented than GUI oriented.

* Re: XML components?
@ 2000-04-04  0:00     ` Bill Watkins
From: Bill Watkins @ 2000-04-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"David Botton" <David@Botton.com> wrote in message
> You can find an example of using the MSXML component on AdaPower.

I'm using Apex NT -- my attempts at using AdaWin blew up on Pragma
Convention (posted this problem to the AdaWin chat, but that doesn't look
like an active board any longer).

* Re: XML components?
@ 2000-04-05  0:00       ` David Botton
From: David Botton @ 2000-04-05  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I thought I sent out a response there.

Since no one from Rational bothered answering my e-mails or following up
with me about getting a version of their compiler to work with, I am not
really able to help any one use COM with their products.

If you can tell me which pragma / what was the error I may be able to help.
Another solution for you would be to use GNAT for code interacting with
COM/DCOM in a DLL and access the DLL from Apex (if that is possible from
Apex). It would not be overly complicated to create a binding to Ada using
Ada :-)

David Botton