From: jerry@jvdsys.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: Terminal IO, and menus
Date: 1999/04/02
Date: 1999-04-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Juergen Pfeifer (Juergen.Pfeifer@t-online.de) wrote:

: Well, I'm very interested too. Of course I first suggest to port (n)curses
: to DOS and Win32, which will be more simple with one of the next releases
: of ncurses which redesigns some of the internals to base it on a "driver"
: logic. This will make it very fast and thin on memory mapped devices like
: DOS or Win32 consoles. For Ada you may then use the ncurses binding as
: your cross-platform console I/O package that works on DOS, OS/2, Win32
: and almost all UNIXes.

Well, there is at least a pdcurses binding available, and I believe also
an ncurses (check the PAL). However, I think that however useful, ncurses
has a steep learning curve, if you do not know the curses library. SLANG
(also now available on more than linux) might be another option. In any
case the problem will be Ada-based documentation and some example programs.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Team Ada       | jdijk@acm.org