* Re: Ada Bindings for Sockets
@ 1999-02-04  0:00 ` Tom Moran
From: Tom Moran @ 1999-02-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Question: Are now stable Ada bindings for sockets available?
CLAW includes an Ada 95 binding to Windows sockets.  It's neither free
nor POSIX, though.

* Re: Ada Bindings for Sockets
@ 1999-02-04  0:00 ` Jerry van Dijk
From: Jerry van Dijk @ 1999-02-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Juergen.Hoyng@ri.dasa.de wrote:

: Does anyone know of a freely available sockets package for Windows95/98/NT AND
: (!)  UNIX (SOLARIS 2.5.1)
: with the same Ada specification (if possible)?

You might try AdaSockets. And soon to be updated version for NT can
be found on my homepage, following the link to the old site.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk | Leiden, Holland
-- Team Ada       | jdijk@acm.org

* Ada Bindings for Sockets
@ 1999-02-04  0:00 Juergen.Hoyng
From: Juergen.Hoyng @ 1999-02-04  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello!

Does anyone know of a freely available sockets package for Windows95/98/NT AND
(!)  UNIX (SOLARIS 2.5.1)
with the same Ada specification (if possible)?

Are the POSIX Packages (Florist version ?.?) available for gnat-3.11p (the
version I have is florist-3.12w,
is this version compilable with gnat-3.11p ?)

Ted Baker wrote in the florist/README [$Revision: 1.6 $] file :

> Beware of the Draft 2 POSIX.5c prototype packages (POSIX_Sockets*
> and POSIX_XTI*).  We are working with members of the POSIX.5c
> Working Group to jointly develop a prototype implementation of the
> proposed standard Ada bindings for POSIX.1g (sockets and XTI).
> However, the proposed POSIX.5c interfaces are still being changed by
> the IEEE balloting group.  Draft 4 is already being written, in
> reponse to the comments on Draft3.  Therefore, what you see here
> is already obsolete.  We do not recommend using any of the
     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> packages POSIX_Sockets, POSIX_Sockets.Internet, POSIX_Sockets.Local,
> POSIX_Sockets.ISO, POSIX_XTI, POSIX_XTI.Internet, POSIX_XTI.ISO,
> POSIX_XTI.MOSI, POSIX_Event_Management."

Question: Are now stable Ada bindings for sockets available?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Juergen

Juergen Hoyng,  RIO 62             |   email : Juergen.Hoyng@ri.dasa.de
DaimlerChrysler Aerospace AG	   |   fax   : +49 421 539 4529
Raumfahrt Infrastruktur            |
Postfach 286156                    |   voice : +49 421 539 5348
D-28361 Bremen                     |
Germany