From: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: Boeing 777 and Ada
Date: 1999/01/20
Date: 1999-01-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Marin David Condic (condicma@bogon.pwfl.com) wrote:

: Tucker Taft wrote:
: > Please *don't* check this site -- it is pretty much dead now.
: > However, the Ada Information Clearinghouse is alive and well
: > (sponsored by the Ada Resource Association), and they even have
: > a decent URL now:
: >
: >    http://www.adaic.org/
: >
: > : Somewhere on that web page you might find links which will lead you to
: > : the Boeing "Ada Success Story"
: >
: > On this new adaic site, you should have no problem finding success
: > stories.
: >
: Thanks for the updated URL. My understanding was that the govt. quit
: funding the AdaIC. Who is keeping the organization operating now?

Well, as it says in the parenthetical remark above, the new Ada I/C
web site is sponsored by the Ada Resource Association, an industry
association consisting of 7 Ada compiler vendors, ACT, Aonix, AverStar,
DDC-I, Green Hills, OC Systems, and Rational.

The ARA is also sponsoring (in conjunction with DISA's Center
for Standards) the replacement for the Ada Validation
Organization, now known as the Ada Conformance Assessment Authority (ACAA),
with Randy Brukardt as its very-able technical agent (replacing the
AVO's Dan Lehman, who was also very able ;-).

Randy, through the ACAA, is in charge of keeping the Ada validation suite
(now known as the Ada Conformance Assessment Test Suite -- ACATS) in good
shape, and in overseeing the whole validation process.  Randy has set up
a very convenient web-site for accessing the tests in the validation
suite, including all distinct versions of test undergoing maintenance,
at:

   http://www.ocsystems.com/~acats/

OC Systems is kindly providing the underlying web server for this
(the Ada I/C web server could not host this directly because of
security limitations).

And finally, the ARA is also helping to support SIGAda and its
annual technical conference.

Sorry for wandering so far from the original question, but it seemed
like a good place for plugging the new Ada I/C, the ARA, and the ACAA.

: MDC
: --
: Marin David Condic
: United Technologies, Pratt & Whitney, Large Military Engines

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)