From: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: Boeing 777 and Ada
Date: 1999/01/20
Date: 1999-01-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Marin David Condic (condicma@bogon.pwfl.com) wrote:
: Werner Pachler wrote:
: > a couple of days ago somebody mentioned that most (or all?) of the Boeing's
: > software is written in Ada. Can somebody provide more details, such as
: > how much lines of code, how much modules, what systems, what
: > operating system/hardware used, etc.?
: > (Or where i can find this information!).
: >
: I believe I was the one who mentioned the Boeing 777 - or at least one
: of the mentioners. The Ada Information Clearinghouse used to have this
: sort of success story on-line, but they went out of business. Check this
: URL as a starting point:

: http://sw-eng.falls-church.va.us/AdaIC/

Please *don't* check this site -- it is pretty much dead now.
However, the Ada Information Clearinghouse is alive and well
(sponsored by the Ada Resource Association), and they even have
a decent URL now:

   http://www.adaic.org/

: Somewhere on that web page you might find links which will lead you to
: the Boeing "Ada Success Story"

On this new adaic site, you should have no problem finding success
stories.

: See also:

: http://www.adahome.com/

: Look in the "Ammunition" department. I found these links there:

: http://www.adahome.com/Ammo/Success/cranehy.html
: http://www.adahome.com/Ammo/Success/sunstra.html

: This is probably not the comprehensive story. You may want to try
: contacting Boeing directly or finding their web page...

: MDC
: --
: Marin David Condic
: United Technologies, Pratt & Whitney, Large Military Engines
: ...

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)