* Ada Development Tools
@ 1998-12-02  0:00 Rain
From: Rain @ 1998-12-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Are there any tools to support Ada ?
I am searching for Ada development environment like 'Visual Basic'.

Thanks

* Re: Ada Development Tools
@ 1998-12-02  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1998-12-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rain (opentech@nuri.net) wrote:
: Hi,

: Are there any tools to support Ada ?
: I am searching for Ada development environment like 'Visual Basic'.

If you are interested in tools for Windows NT/9x, you might try
ObjectAda from Aonix (www.aonix.com).  They have a GUI builder as
part of their Ada compiler tool suite.

You might also take a look at the windowing system "CLAW" from
RR software (www.rrsoftware.com).

: Thanks

Intermetrics, Inc.  Burlington, MA  USA
An AverStar Company

* Re: Ada Development Tools
@ 1998-12-02  0:00 ` Alan Jenkins
From: Alan Jenkins @ 1998-12-02  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Rational produce an IDE called Apex which includes Ada support.

Visual Modelling can be achieved using Rational Rose which is based on the UML
and support Code generation in many languages. Ada is one of them on certain
platforms...

However, these tools are meant for professional development environments - not
really for home use although Rose could probably be used that way.

In article <chwaE0cH#GA.264@xfer.thrunet.com>, "Rain" <opentech@nuri.net>
wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Are there any tools to support Ada ?
>I am searching for Ada development environment like 'Visual Basic'.
>
>Thanks

* Re: Ada Development Tools
@ 1998-12-08  0:00 ` Chris Warwick
From: Chris Warwick @ 1998-12-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

There is a tool called PC-GRASP which has a visual basic like feel, and
coupled with GNAT provides most of the stuff you need for "free". For home
work its what I use... If you are interested I can give you a link that used
to work