From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: ADA Exception Handling
Date: 1998/10/29
Date: 1998-10-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Stefan Papp (Stefan.papp@fhs-hagenberg.ac.at) wrote:

: I am currently working on a project on Ada reengineering. My duty is to find
: out, whether it is possible to presentate exception in Ada graphically. I would
: be very happy, if somebody could give me some hints on ADA exceptions.

What do you mean by presenting an exception graphically ?

: As I am not an ADA programmer I have no real experience in ADA exceptions. Is
: it possible to compare the ADA exception handling to the e.h. from c++ or JAVA?

In c++ and Java, exceptions are objects and are caught by type. in contrast Ada
exceptions are more like interrupts or signals causing an alternate control flow.

Any starters book on Ada will have a better explanation.

Jerry.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk  | email: jdijk@acm.org
-- Leiden, Holland | member Team-Ada