From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: Ada and C++
Date: 1998/10/20
Date: 1998-10-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Srinivasan, R (gitas@roanoke.infi.net) wrote:

: Has anyone got a Win NT setup where they are using gnat and c++? I am
: attempting using gnu win32 beta b19 and gnat 3.10p. Any advise/directions
: would be deeply appreciated.

Using GRASP might be a solution for you. Some additional notes:

Because of cygnus licencing constraints, the NT version of GNAT is
no longer based on their win32 environment, instead using the mingw32
environment. The latter is a really a direct binding to the Win32 C
runtime library.

To use GNAT with a g++ compiler you need a g++ that has also been
build for the same environment. This compiler does of course exists,
but is based upon gcc 2.8.1.

You could take your changes combining the two, but I would advise waiting
for GNAT 3.11p, which will most likely also be based upon 2.8.x.

Jerry.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk  | email: jdijk@acm.org
-- Leiden, Holland | member Team-Ada