From: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: Contraint error
Date: 1998/10/11
Date: 1998-10-11T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Renwick Preston (rpreston@phoenix.net) wrote:

: My program just started creating a constraint error after I added some Boolean variables
: with code that used those variables. I'm thinking that the way I'm using them is what is
: causing the problem.

: I first initialize them all to False. In my program I have a case statement with some code for
: each case. Here is a snippet:

: case Month
: when June
:     If June_Completed then        <- Line added
:     < some code here>
:     June_Completed := True;    <- Line added
:     End if;                                <- Line added
: <more code>
: end case;

: Everything worked fine until I added the lines marked.

: What could be the problem?

The added lines look a bit suspicious, since you are setting "June_Completed"
to True only if it is already True (your indenting leaves a bit to
be desired ;-).

In any case, to really diagnose this problem, the reader
will need a complete but minimal test case which shows the problem.
A "snippet" will rarely be enough for someone to figure out what is
going wrong.

: Ren

Intermetrics, Inc.  Burlington, MA  USA
An AverStar Company