From: anon@anon.org (anon)
Subject: Re: gps on Ubuntu 8.04
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:46:28 GMT
Date: 2009-06-27T20:46:28+00:00	[thread overview]

Before installing a new version of Linux.

Try downloading a linux version of GNAT from Adacore ( libre.Adacore.com )
The libre version's compiled for standalone, install. Just unarchive, "./doinstal",
then finally adjust the "Path". You must also, add the icon to your system
menus. Deletion of this version is also simple, remove menus, and the GNAT
path from the system "PATH" and delete the gnat directory. No need synaptic
or other installer program.

I have had no problem with the "libre GNAT", while others non-libre versions
may require half to full OS updates.