From: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: with System still required for address clauses ?
Date: 1998/08/25
Date: 1998-08-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Mats Weber (Mats.Weber@elca-matrix.ch) wrote:

: if I have an address clause

:    for X'Address use <something>;

: do I still need a with clause for System (provided, of course, that I can
: write <something> without visibility on System), as was required in Ada 83, or
: was this dropped in Ada 95 ? The Ada 83 rule stating this is in RM83 13.5(3).

No, you no longer need a "with" clause on System.  An implicit semantic
dependence is created on package System, even if you don't have an
explicit "with" clause for it.  This is a general rule for attribute
references which have types not declared in package Standard.
See RM95 10.1.1(26).

Intermetrics, Inc.  Burlington, MA  USA