From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: Making Direc
Date: 1998/08/04
Date: 1998-08-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Michael E Dooley (medooley@rockwell.collins.com) wrote:

: I am just learning Ada and I have a question.  I know a little C++ and
: in C++ there is a command called mkdir, which will make a director on
: the computer that you are using.  I was wondering if anyone out there
: knows of a command in Ada that does the same thing.    I am using the
: ObjectAda for Windows V7.1.105 (special edition) compiler.  If anyone
: can help me please respond to my email address.

Ada doesn't include mkdir as the existence of directories is OS and
not language specific. The same, BTW, goes for C or C++.

With most C or C++ compilers there comes a library that implements the
mkdir function. Most standard Ada compilers do not, instead relying on
a standard POSIX binding for OS specific functions (thus making the
program portable over environments) or a OS specific binding.

In this case you need to use the Win32 API binding. Documentation for
it is on-line with OA.

Jerry.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk  | email: jdijk@acm.org