From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: Timing of ADA code
Date: 1998/08/01
Date: 1998-08-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Brian Franklin (bf14@prism.gatech.edu) wrote:

: OK, In that case "wall" time will do. My PC has a dedicated processor
: and hopefully any other tasks it chooses to do (if done) will not
: affect the result.

Since you are running Win95, the processor will switch between processes
and theads every 20 milliseconds.

: I guess basically I just need the time when the
: process starts and the time when it finishes.

For that you can use the functions from the package Calendar.

But, the time you measure includes the time spend on all other processes
and threads running on you PC at the same time. So, it boils down to
how accurate you need to measure.

Jerry.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk  | email: jdijk@acm.org