From: jerry@jvdsys.nextjk.stuyts.nl (Jerry van Dijk)
Subject: Re: new problems with win32ada
Date: 1998/07/30
Date: 1998-07-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Alessandro (busato@newtech.it) wrote:

: I've compiled win32ada with patch and renaming win32ada.a to
: libwin32ada.a, gnatlink gives me a lot of  "undefined reference
: to " (examples undefinite reference to sendmessage, invalidaterect etc.)
: etc.. Why?

The Windows/NT operating system is build up of DLL's. The most basic
one, kernel32.dll, is automatically linked in. Others need to be
linked in specifically. The Win32 documentation will tell you in what
DLL a given function is located. Than you need to link with the import
library for that DLL to use it.

Note that to compile a GUI program, you also have to add specific
linker instructions.

If you download the basic Win32ada example from my homepage you
can see how this is done.

--
-- Jerry van Dijk  | email: jdijk@acm.org
-- Leiden, Holland | member Team-Ada