From: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: What is the Ada Run Time System ?
Date: 1998/07/23
Date: 1998-07-23T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jinhoon Ryu (jhryu@fdcl.kaist.ac.kr) wrote:

: When I read the book on Ada 95, I frequently meet the word
: "Ada Run Time System".  Anyone can give me a rigorous definition
: of it ?

The Ada run time system is the set of standard packages available
to the Ada programmer, such as Ada.Text_IO, System.Storage_Elements,
etc., plus any additional "internal" packages used to implement
features like tasking, exceptions, "new", etc.

: From NOVICE

Intermetrics, Inc.  Burlington, MA  USA