From: glee@array.ca (Glenden Lee)
Subject: Re: Parameter evaluation order
Date: 1998/04/08
Date: 1998-04-08T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Mark.Rutten@dsto.defence.gov.au wrote:

: I'm using GNAT3.09 on WindowsNT (and also Solaris, but I didn't get
: this problem).

: I compiled a procedure call similar to the following

:   proc(func_one,func_two);

: The program relies on func_one being called _before_ func_two. But
: at run-time the code above did the opposite! Is this a bug (and if so, has it
: been fixed in 3.10)? Or is there something written in the language definition
: to justify this behaviour?

Your compiler is probably optimizing it somehow.  Why don't you just break
it down into several lines?  It'd be easier to maintain for the next person
that looks at your code also.

G.
--
Glenden Lee