From: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: How do I comm. between Ada & a Java MMI?
Date: 1998/02/04
Date: 1998-02-04T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

jesper.andersson@saab.se wrote:

: I have the following problem:

: I want to communicate between an Ada95 system and a Java GUI.

Take a look at "http://www.appletmagic.com".  This describes
an Ada95 -> Java byte code compiler, which gives you full interoperability
between Ada95 and Java code.

The alternative is to use the Java Native Interface (JNI) which is
based on a relatively simple C interface allowing interaction
between C and Java.  Ada 95 provides a standard way to call C
interfaces, via pragma Import.

: I can't find any reliable, commersial bindings between these languages.

: Does anyone know of a solution?

See above.

:       http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

Intermetrics, Inc.  Burlington, MA  USA