From: "chris.danx" <spamoff.danx@ntlworld.com>
Subject: Re: Parrot for Ada?
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 00:44:59 +0100
Date: 2002-08-04T00:44:59+01:00	[thread overview]

Ingo Marks wrote:
> Slashdot has an article about "Parrot".
>
> http://developers.slashdot.org/developers/02/07/31/1225200.shtml?tid=145
>
> Parrot is an interesting virtual machine, similar to .NET CLR and JVM. It
> is planned to support Perl6 and other languages (so far Java, Python, Ruby,
> Scheme). One design goal is portability among several platforms (Linux,
> Cygwin, Win32, FreeBSD, Solaris, Tru64, OpenVMS). Parrot was chosen to
> implement Perl6 because .NET CLR and JVM would be "not suitable".

There was a discussion on Parrot on the virtmach mailing list, and looks
like ones about to kick off.  Don't know if it's useful (virtmach is
such a low traffic list, I usually forget all about it and rarely read
any posts).

The posting address is virtmach@iecc.org, if you run a search for that
with google the subscription address will likely turn up.

Chris

--

to reply by personal email change 'spamoff' to 'chris'