From: emery@goldfinger.mitre.org (David Emery)
Subject: Re: "Some" Ada jobs in the Chicago area
Date: 26 Jan 1995 21:21:40 GMT
Date: 1995-01-26T21:21:40+00:00	[thread overview]

>   You're exactly right. But I haven't heard any military brass turning
>down the money for big-ticket items either, and demanding a change in
>priorities.

Then you haven't been listening.  Mr. Perry directed a priority
movement of funding from other parts of the DoD budget into personnel
support, e.g. housing, repair and utilities, etc.  He expressed a
willingness to accept decreased readiness levels to raise the standard
of living for the troops.  In particular, he directly stated that he
was willing to cancel some acquisition programs to provide this
funding, if necessary.

It's one of the best things I've heard in my association with the
military, and I agree with it, even if he cancels 'my program'.

				dave
p.s.  to quote from Mike Feldman's .signature:
  "Pork is what the government gives the OTHER guy."
--
--The preceeding opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of
--The MITRE Corporation or its sponsors.