* CLI parameter passing
@ 1993-03-23  3:06 Jason Wolfgang Hecker
From: Jason Wolfgang Hecker @ 1993-03-23  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

How do I pass command line parameters to a program in ADA?  I am after
the ADA equivalent of argc and argv[] in C.

jASON Hecker
tp924353@fir.canberra.edu.au

* Re: CLI parameter passing
@ 1993-03-24 22:27 ` Stephe Leake
From: Stephe Leake @ 1993-03-24 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <tp924353.732856005@maple>, tp924353@maple.canberra.edu.au
(Jason Wolfgang Hecker) writes...
>How do I pass command line parameters to a program in ADA?  I am after
>the ADA equivalent of argc and argv[] in C.

This is not a language feature; it is a vendor feature. I have a package that
works for DEC Ada on VMS; let me know if you want it.

Stephen Leake	NASA Goddard Robotics Lab
internet : nbssal@robots.gsfc.nasa.gov

* Re: CLI parameter passing
@ 1993-03-25 15:26   ` David Emery
From: David Emery @ 1993-03-25 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

>This is not a language feature; it is a vendor feature. I have a package that
>works for DEC Ada on VMS; let me know if you want it.

More accurately, this is an Operating System issue.  The POSIX/Ada
binding contains a standard way for an Ada program to obtain command
line parameters and environment variables in a POSIX environment.
Current Unix compiler vendors also provide access to this O.S. feature
(e.g.  Verdix package COMMAND_LINE).
				dave