From: emery@mitre-bedford.arpa  (David Emery)
Subject: Re: US Army agrees with Admiral Tuttle, for AI and not-Ada
Date: 21 Jul 93 14:31:11 GMT	[thread overview]

Hey, The Army Command and General Staff college is NOT a computer
science school.  Rather, it's for teaching Majors to be Colonels and
Generals.  I've read several C&GS papers in my 'other field' (military
history) and they've varied in quality from outstanding to pure
drivel.

In the area of the applications of computer science within the
military, I'd discount anything done at C&GSC.  Now, if the paper were
written by an Army person at the Air Force Institute of Technology or
Naval Postgraduate School (both degree-granting technical schools),
I'd take it much more seriously.  I'd still want to see how
comprehensive the survey was (all too often such papers get written by
asking your friends what they're doing, and extrapolating.)

Finally, such papers do *NOT* represent the policies of the services,
any more than any individual's thesis represents the policy of any
other university.

				dave