From: emery@mitre-bedford.arpa  (David Emery)
Subject: Re: perl in an Ada-mandated world
Date: 8 Apr 93 14:15:53 GMT	[thread overview]

>    As an example, from what I hear through the grapevine, the current
>hot language being used for all new things at that bastion of defense of
>Ada and the Mandate, MITRE, is perl.  So that's one way to deal with
>perl in the Mandated world, just use it.

I don't know where you get your information, but I can assure you that
the last development project *we* did here was 99.44% Ada (see my
posting on RPCs).  MITRE is a big place, and I'm sure there are people
doing things in PERL.  But I know of no major system (e.g. AWACS,
Joint STARS, SDI) using PERL.

					dave