* Reverse Enginering tool (not in FAQ)
@ 1997-12-18  0:00 User
From: User @ 1997-12-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi netters,

We would appreciate any reference to an  Ada reverse engineering tool.

The desired features are:
	*Ada 83, not Ada 95. Therefore, not an OOD tool!!!
	*Capable of reading Ada specifications and producing diagrams from the
specs. Any type
	  of SA diagrams, not OO diagrams. (Hatley, Jourdon, etc. but not UML,
Coad, Raumboagh,etc.)
	*Ideally public domain or shareware product (not a must, though).

Thanks in adavance

N. Mikhailov

* Re: Reverse Enginering tool (not in FAQ)
@ 1997-12-18  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1997-12-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

User (asn22@mail.nevalink.ru) wrote:

: Hi netters,

: We would appreciate any reference to an  Ada reverse engineering tool.

: The desired features are:
: 	*Ada 83, not Ada 95. Therefore, not an OOD tool!!!
: 	*Capable of reading Ada specifications and producing diagrams from the
: specs. Any type
: 	  of SA diagrams, not OO diagrams. (Hatley, Jourdon, etc. but not UML,
: Coad, Raumboagh,etc.)
: 	*Ideally public domain or shareware product (not a must, though).

I believe McCabe (www.mccabe.com) has some reverse-engineering support
for Ada 83.  You might also check with Cayenne (formerly known as
CADRE) and Aonix (the part formerly known as IDE; product is/was
called Software through Pictures).  They might have some Ada 83
capabilities as well.

: Thanks in adavance

: N. Mikhailov

Intermetrics, Inc.  Burlington, MA  USA

* Re: Reverse Enginering tool (not in FAQ)
@ 1997-12-19  0:00 ` Ken Nelson
From: Ken Nelson @ 1997-12-19  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Mr. Mikhailov,

> We would appreciate any reference to an  Ada reverse engineering tool.
>
> The desired features are:
>         *Ada 83, not Ada 95. Therefore, not an OOD tool!!!
>         *Capable of reading Ada specifications and producing diagrams
> from the specs. Any type of SA diagrams, not OO diagrams.
> (Hatley, Jourdon, etc. but not UML,Coad, Raumboagh,etc.)

 Understand for Ada offers reverse engineering Ada
 code in an Ada specific graphical notation (not UML or OMT).

 It supports Ada 83 and Ada 95.  It is a commercial product,
 not freeware or shareware.

 Details and a downloadable evaluation version
 are available at http://www.scitools.com/

Regards,

Ken Nelson