From: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: dynamic loading and Ada95
Date: 1997/10/30
Date: 1997-10-30T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Louis-Dominique Dubeau (ldd@step.polymtl.ca) wrote:

: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft) writes:

: > Louis-Dominique Dubeau (ldd@step.polymtl.ca) wrote:
: >
: > : I'm looking for implementations of dynamic loading for Ada95.  I made
: > : an implementation of dynamic loading for Modula-3 and wish to compare.
: >
: > The AppletMagic(TM) Ada95 => Java byte code compiler uses
: > dynamic loading.

: What implementation of Ada95 was used to build AppletMagic?

The Intermetrics AdaMagic front end, which is the same one used
inside Aonix and Green Hills Ada 95 compilers.

In any case, based on reading further, I realize you are talking
about using DLLs in Ada.  I was thinking of something even
more dynamic than that.  The Aonix Ada 95 product fully
supports building DLLs using Ada.  You should request their
documentation (cf www.aonix.com) if you want to know the
approach used.  It handles elaboration correctly, I believe.

: 	Regards,
: 	ldd

Intermetrics, Inc.  Burlington, MA  USA