From: stt@houdini.camb.inmet.com (Tucker Taft)
Subject: Re: Howto communicate between Java and Ada in OS/2
Date: 1997/07/20
Date: 1997-07-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Michael Erdmann (boavista@berlin.snafu.de) wrote:

: im trying to setup a  demonstration where the interworking between a  Java
: written fron end
: which will be executed using netscape 2.02 under OS/2 and an ada written
: backend has to
: be demonstrated. Has somebody out there done something like this.

Anthony Gargaro et al at CSC (agargaro@isd.csc.com) have built a bridge
between Java RMI and the Ada Distributed Systems Annex (their DSA product
is called "ADEPT" I believe).

: I intent do build a small server build upon the OS/2 qeues. But in the moment
: i have no idea
: how to access OS/2 queues from the java script.

RMI is based on sockets, I believe.  I don't know how that relates to
OS/2 queues.  Soon RMI will also support IIOP, at least in a scaled
down version.

: Michael

Intermetrics, Inc.  Burlington, MA  USA