From: eachus@spectre.mitre.org (Robert I. Eachus)
Subject: Re: Parallel programing in Linux Cluster using Ada95
Date: 1999/01/19
Date: 1999-01-19T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <780mng$mkj$1@news-2.news.gte.net> "Joe L. Vojir" <jlvojir1@gte.net> writes:

 >    I was wondering if I use the task routines in the Ada95 programming
 > language will I be able to utlize power of our beowolf Linux cluster.  This
 > question is just to decide if I should learn the message passing routines or
 > if I can use Ada's built-in paralizing capability and both would work
 > equally.

    Interesting question.  As I understand the Beowolf design concept,
it would help to have both a Distributed Systems Annex implementation
and a tasking run-time especially targeted to the cluster.  (You want
to be able to spread programs across processors using partitions, but
also to have a tasking run-time that assumes that rendezvous are
between processors if the tasks have no need for shared memory.)

    Shouldn't be too hard...
--

					Robert I. Eachus

with Standard_Disclaimer;